Subject: Gatekeeper Aid 1.2.5 (Stupid Mistake)
From: [email-masked] (Chris Johnson)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1992 18:08:58 -0600

MacGifts Recipients:

It has just come to my attention that the version of Gatekeeper Aid
released in the Gatekeeper 1.2.5 distribution contains a bug which prevents
it from working independently of Gatekeeper (normally, 'Aid can be used
without Gatekeeper).  This bug causes 'Aid to crash during startup.

I have made the 1 line correction to the original source code required to
fix this stupid mistake and built a new version of 'Aid.  The version still
claims to be 1.2.5, but is dated 21-Mar-92 (instead of 19-Mar-92) and
displays the words "Stand-Alone Revision" just below the file name in the
Finder's "Get Info..." window (the original 1.2.5 displayed nothing there).

This fix is only important to users who wish to use 'Aid independently of
Gatekeeper; those who use 'Aid along with Gatekeeper will never encounter
the bug.

I have update the Gatekeeper 1.2.5 distribution file to include the revised
'Aid and I have placed the file in the microlib/mac/virus directory of
microlib.cc.utexas.edu.  If you would replace any existing copies of
Gatekeeper 1.2.5 in your archives with this revised version, I'd very much
appreciate it.

I have included the revised 'Aid at the end of this message in case you
need a copy of it to distribute to users who already have the original
1.2.5 distribution.

If you need me to re-send the complete, updated Gatekeeper 1.2.5 archive,
just let me know.

My apologies for this screw-up.

----Chris

Chris Johnson

Internet:   [email-masked]
UUCP:       {husc6|uunet}!cs.utexas.edu!ut-emx!chrisj
BITNET:     [email-masked]
AppleLink:  [email-masked]@internet#
CompuServe: >INTERNET:[email-masked]